Friday, March 14, 2008

No one mourns the wicked

So last night I got to see Wicked in all its glory. For those of you who are not familiar, it is a theater production that has been going on for about three years in Chicago. But it is the untold story of the witches of Oz. Incredibly hilarious, witty and the music..well, there are no words. So I have already seen it twice but my roommate suggested that we try the drawing for the front row tickets ($25) which I have tried before unsuccessfully. However, Thursday handed us a good card because we got front row tickets!! And OH MY GOLLY GOSH! It was out of this world! Sitting in the front row put me in seventh heaven. I mean, the whole first act I literally had my mouth gaping wide open, huge smiles big eyes. I was just..wow. It was awesome.
I also decided that I want to fall in love with a guy who will sing to me like Fiero. But I promise I won't be green.


Today I started my job. So you know when you are walking down the streets of Chicago, just ho humming on your merry little way. And all of a sudden someone stops you in your tracks, gets right in your face and says, "Hey, could I talk to you for a minute?" They hold a clipboard and your next two minutes will be surely filled with some pitch to get you to join on to some good cause? whew. Well, thats me. haha.

I am workin the streets of Chicago for Children International. I talk to every person who will be gracious enough to stop recruiting them to support kids dying of poverty overseas. It is actually an amazing cause and I am totally on board. But I am not sure if I can cut it! The boss says I have the skills, but I have a feeling I will come home both physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted. I'm no quitter, so I'm going to give it my best shot. But if the weather dips below 20, I might be a quitter. I don't know. hehe..wink wink.

Enough for now. ciao.

2 comments:

staciacarin said...

stace, maybe you should quit the street interview thing and try out for wicked... you'd be amazing. love the pics by the way. come out and see us soon. love ya, and remember because I knew you, I have been changed for good.

Chandré said...

hey...

Really blessed by your blog and also just seeing how life is after the world race...

thanks for being real, and I know God has great things in store for you!